Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashlen

Share your food with me! (RECIPES)

Guest Ashlen

We were talking in TS today about recipes and ideas for dinners. I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread just for us to share our recipes with each other! Nothing is too weird, so SHARE AWAY! 

Slow Cooker Short Ribs

w386X8StyFrDREOz7EQZ_DSC_0327.jpg
Ingredients

1/3 cup flour
        1 teaspoon salt
        1/4 teaspoon pepper
        2 1/2 lbs boneless beef short ribs
        1/4 cup butter
        1 cup chopped onion
        1 cup beef broth
        3/4 cup red wine vinegar
        3/4 cup brown sugar
        1/4 cup chili sauce
        2 tablespoons catsup
        2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
        2 tablespoons minced garlic
        1 teaspoon chili powder

Directions

Put flour, salt and pepper in a bag.
    Add ribs and shake to coat.
    Brown ribs in butter in a lg skillet.
    Put in slow cooker.
    In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.
    Bring to a boil, stirring.
    Pour over ribs.
    Cover and cook on low for 9 hours.

Amazing... I usually take the resultant liquid out of the crock pot and reduce it over the stove to make a bit thicker sauce. I  serve it with rice.

Best source for short ribs I have found is costco... I am pretty sure they are laced with crack.

Guest Kiitana

Recipe 1 (Veg demi glace)

Any seasonable veg savory or sweet or a good combo of both

Kombu(seaweed)(break it up or cut it up into small/med)

Amino acids(pour to taste) 

Red wine(boxed wine does fine) 

Burn the vegetables in a oven prefer conventional oven for better air flow, once they are nice and black dont be afraid of this you want it.( use a big sheet tray)

once they are black take them out transfer them to a big pot heavy metal bottom prefer scrape everything off the sheet trays into the pot and i mean everything. once you do that pour in amino acids and add water to the amount you want and let it boil 1-2 hours the longer the better

Recipe 2 (house made ragu) 

1. cherry tomatoes (red are generally more sweeter than yellow) your preference is yours at this point

2. Red wine( pinot nior, cab, or any sweet red( keep in mind your sweetness factor on your tomatoes for the wine)

3. Fresh (FRESH) herbs, Rosemary, thyme, oregano, parsley(if you want it) 

4. salt&pepper TT

5. Garlic(minced) or chopped rough is fine

6. saute the garlic in a small portion of veg demi 

Guest Ashlen

Zucchini-Cream-Cheese-Muffins.jpg

INGREDIENTS:

• 3/4 cup + 6 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 2 eggs
  • 7 tablespoons sour milk (1 teaspoon vinegar plus enough milk to make 7 tablespoons) or you can use buttermilk
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 cups all purpose flour
  • 2 cups shredded zucchini
  • 4 ounces cream cheese, softened

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin cups with liners or spray with cooking spray.
  2. Stir 3/4 cup sugar, oil, and applesauce in a large bowl with a wooden spoon or spatula. Stir in eggs, milk, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Slowly stir in flour, then stir in zucchini.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir cream cheese and 6 tablespoons sugar until smooth.
  4. Place about 2 tablespoons of batter in the bottom of each of 12 muffin cups. Top with equal portions of cream cheese (about 1 tablespoon per muffin) then equally divide remaining muffin batter over the top.
  5. Bake for about 18-24 minutes until the muffins are golden brown. Cool before eating. Serve warm or cold! Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days for freeze for up to 1 month.

Guest Blinky

Meatball-Bombs-17-sm.png

MEATBALL BOMBS RECIPE

AKA- CHOLESTEROL SPHERES

INGREDIENTS:

• 1 can (12 oz) Pillsbury Homestyle Butter Tastin' refrigerated biscuits
  • 8 cooked Italian-style meatballs (if using frozen, let thaw completely, but homemade meatballs is ALWAYS better)
  • 1 cup marinara/pasta sauce
  • 1 cup shredded cheese (mozzarella or Italian blend)
  • 4 tablespoons butter, melted
  • 2 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
  • pinch of salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
  2. Using your hands or a rolling pin, flatten each biscuit into a 4 inch round.
  3. Place 1 meatball and 2 tablespoons marinara in center of each dough round. Top with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
  4. Wrap dough around meatball and cheese, pressing edges to seal. Place seam side down, leaving room for spreading on prepared baking sheet. Continue until all biscuits have been completed.
  5. In a small bowl, whisk together melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and salt. Evenly spoon on top of each biscuit.
  6. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm!

Spanish Rice:

1lb ground beef (if you're worried about fat you can use ground chuck)

1/4 onion diced

1 Green bell pepper diced

2 cups uncooked rice

1 46fl oz can of tomato juice

Parmesan Cheese

Brown ground beef in a skillet with the diced onion and bell pepper. Add salt and pepper to your taste as you brown your beef, onion, and bell pepper mixture. Drain.

Put your ground beef mixture in a deep skillet or pot and add the whole can of tomato juice. Simmer till soft boil. In a separate pot make rice to the package directions. Once the rice is done add that to your soft boiling beef/tomato juice pan. Keep on a low heat/boil till juice is mostly absorbed into the rice, stirring occasionally. It should only be slightly moist/wet at this point.

You can add Parmesan cheese to the Spanish rice while it cooks at the low heat/boil stage if you like. (although be aware that the utensils you use will be a pain to clean from the melted cheese) Otherwise, I add my Parmesan to my own bowl before i sit down to eat and serve bread sticks, cheesy bread, or plain butter bread with it.

Enjoy!

Guest Ashlen

This is ONE of the White Chili recipes that I am in love with... Super easy to prep and super delicious!

8ca69755-f4ce-4440-b6c3-4b55c9d48878.jpg

Ingredients

1  can (15 oz) white or great northern beans  

1 1/2  pounds uncooked chicken breast  

8  ounces cream cheese  

1/2  teaspoon cumin  

2  cans (11 oz) canned corn with peppers  

2  teaspoons salt  

32  ounces chicken broth  

1/2  teaspoon chili powder  

1/2  teaspoon pepper  

1  can (10 oz) diced tomatoes with green chilies  

1  can (4.5 oz) Old El Pasoâ„¢ Green Chiles  

Shredded mexican cheese, optional, for garnish

Tortilla chips, optional, for garnish

Sour cream, optional, for garnish

Chopped green onion, optional, for garnish

Chopped tomatoes, optional, for garnish

Lime slices, optional, for garnish

Directions
  • Cut chicken in to bite-sized pieces and place in a slow cooker.
  • Rinse and drain beans, add to slow cooker.
  • Add all other ingredients except cream cheese and optional garnish ingredients. DO NOT drain corn or chilies.
  • Simmer in slow cooker for 5 hours on low or 3 hours on high.
  • Microwave cream cheese for 60 seconds to melt. Add to slow cooker and stir well.
  • Serve with your favorite garnishes such as: shredded cheese, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, green onions, or tortilla chips.

Guest Itzonly

As promised; here's my grandmas famous mashed potatoes recipe....

(i actually don't have the entire recipe, i just know she mashes the shit out of the potatoes so there's no lumps and also there's a good amount of cream cheese and butter, I hope you can figure the rest out.. Sorry, it's a secret)

Grandma Dorothy is on the right

15170747_10208679751685975_2078070111426537232_n (1).jpg

Something I made the other day.  Takes literally 10 minutes...

Grate a large handful of fresh ginger (using the finest grade) and put it in a bowl

Add 1/2 dl neutral oil (not olive oil, you dont wanna kill the ginger taste), 2 tbsp soy and 1 tbsp sherry vinegar and mix.

Slice scallions (spring onion) finely, so you have 2 or 3 handfuls.   Mix with the rest.

Cook a bunch of egg noodles...   this should be good for 4 to 5 people, so that is the amount you want.  When the noodles are cooked, roll it all together.  Add more oil and soy if you like.  Friggin killer.

If you feel adventurous and have access to very fresh fish..   fry a piece of some fat fish (salmon, charr, haddock, wolf fish etc) for each person over low heat.  The fish should be just about raw in the middle when you are done.   Place the piece on top of the noodles and cover it with hoisin sauce.

Then again, the noodles are just as good without the fish :P

So for the last two months I've basically been in the gym six days a week. This means my diet mainly consists of eggs, chicken breast, rice, and potatoes. However found this a couple of weeks ago and it really helps break things up.

taco-stuffed-peppers-header-v2-830x467.j

Ingredients

• 93% lean ground turkey 2 lb.
  • Onion, chopped, 1 cup
  • Taco seasoning, 6 tbsp (1 packet)
  • Water 1/2 cup
  • Tomatoes, diced, 1 cup
  • Black beans, drained and rinsed, 1 cup
  • Sweet corn, drained, 1 cup
  • Large peppers, assorted colors, 6
  • Reduced-fat Mexican cheese, shredded, 3/4 cup

Directions

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Brown the ground turkey and onion in a skillet over medium-high heat until no pink remains.
  3. Add the taco seasoning and half a cup of water. Simmer the mixture for 5-10 minutes over medium-low heat.
  4. While the taco meat simmers, wash six bell peppers, cut them in half across the center, and remove the seeds.
  5. Transfer the meat from the skillet to a large mixing bowl. Add the black beans, sweet corn, and diced tomato, and stir to combine.
  6. Arrange the pepper halves on a baking sheet, and divide the filling evenly between halves.
  7. Bake the stuffed peppers for 30-35 minutes until tender.
  8. Remove the peppers from the oven, top each half with a tablespoon of shredded cheese, and bake an additional 5 minutes until the cheese is melted.
  9. Serve the tacos hot, or store them in the fridge up to one week, reheating in the oven or microwave.

Nutrition Facts

• Serving size: 1/2 filled pepper
  • Recipe yields: 12 servings
  • Calories: 177
  • Fat: 6.3 g
  • Carbs: 15 g
  • Protein: 17 g

Granted I don't follow the recipe exactly as I typically use a can of rotel instead of tomatoes for spice and usually just use a whole can of everything so it ends up making more than what this says.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/lean-guilt-free-taco-stuffed-peppers.html

Creates

:lol:  1 x Yummy Cereal

Ingredients

item_2004.png1 x Cereal - Crafted, Returned on Failure in soggy mess, Returned on Success in another form
item_618.png 1 x Spoon - Fished from cabinets or dishwasher
item_856.png1 x Bottle of Milk - Store bought

Stats Skill: Baking
Trivial: 0
Class: ALL 

Portable Containers

item_858.png Bowl

Guest Ashlen

creamygarlic-650x975.jpg

Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mushrooms

Ingredients

• 2 Tablespoons Butter
  • 1 Tablespoon olive oil
  • 8 Ounces white mushrooms, whole or sliced to preference
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • ½ cup heavy cream
  • ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
  • 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
  • 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ teaspoon pepper
  • fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Instructions
  1. In a medium sized skillet over medium high heat add the butter and olive oil. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until tender.
  2. Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir with the mushrooms and heat until the sauce is bubbly and smooth.
  3. Serve immediately and garnish with fresh parsley.

Guest Blinky
Hush Puppies!

561b5b94c461868c9a7cacbfb2de985e.jpg

Ingredients

6 cups peanut oil

1 1/2 cups self-rising cornmeal

1/2 cup self-rising flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 small onion, chopped

1 cup buttermilk

1 egg, lightly beaten

Directions

Using a deep pot, preheat oil for frying to 350 degrees F.

Using a mixing bowl, stir together the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the onion. In a small bowl, stir together the buttermilk and egg. Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and mix until blended. Drop the batter, 1 teaspoon at a time, into the oil. Dip the spoon in a glass of water after each hushpuppy is dropped in the oil. Fry until golden brown, turning the hushpuppies during the cooking process.

Blinky Tip:  Dip in maple syrup!  Ashlen will tell you it's gross, but its not, and you should do it.

Guest Ashlen

French-Toast-Bake4.jpg

OVERNIGHT RASPBERRY CREAM CHEESE FRENCH TOAST BAKE

INGREDIENTS
  1. 1 loaf challah bread, cut into 1-2" squares
  2. 1 (6 oz) container raspberries
  3. 1 (8 oz) block cream cheese, cut into cubes
  4. 5 eggs
  5. 1 cup heavy cream
  6. 1 Tbs honey
  7. 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  8. 1/3 cup sugar
  9. Powdered sugar
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Spray a 9"x9" baking dish with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
  2. Add half of your challah to bottom of pan and sprinkle with raspberries (reserving a few for topping) and cream cheese.
  3. Top with remaining bread and press down.
  4. In bowl mix together your eggs, cream, honey, cinnamon and sugar and pour over top of your bake until covered.
  5. Cover with tin foil, pressing down again to smoosh everything together.
  6. Refrigerate overnight.
  7. Remove from refrigerator abut 30 minutes before baking.
  8. Preheat your oven to 350 and place covered bake in and bake for 30 minutes then remove tin foil and bake for another 30 minutes until tops turn golden and center is set.
  9. Remove from oven and let cool slightly and sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with syrup.

Yesterday's dinner

Leg of lamb (with bone), marinated in red wine and blueberries.  Dry the leg, place in a vac bag.  Sous vide for 30 hours at 55 C (131 farenheit), roasted at max temp for 5 minutes b4 serving.

Hot newly boiled potatos, roughly cut into quarters, fried at low heat in ample amount of butter.  Squeeze 1 whole garlic into this, for every 10 potatos.  Dont burn the garlic.  Let it sit on the stove till everything is golden brown and the garlic chewy.

Dice 50/50 celery root and parsnips.  Fry on low temp in butter.  Boil up some mushroom boullion, add butter, maple syrup and a tiny bit of pepper.  Mix it in.  Put this in a saute pan, cover and keep on lowest temp possible.  Don't use a lot of liquid, this should just coat the roots, not become a soup.

For the sauce... pour 50/50 red wine and good beef stock (around a pint), add half a bunch of chopped celery, dash of timian, fistful of cranberries, fistful of dried and diced dates, little bit of butter, dried mushrooms and boil for 30 min at least, or till it starts getting thick.   Add the meat juices from the vac bag and boil some more.   If its too sour, add a little bit of brown sugar at the end.  Strain.

If you dont own a sous vide thing...  go get one.  Its total magic.

Lumpia:

1 package of spring roll wrappers (25 pieces)  Thaw spring roll wrappers in the fridge so they do not get soggy.

1lb ground beef.

Desired shredded vegetables like cabbage or carrots.  ( OPTIONAL )

small bowl with cornstarch and water mixed mixed up.

Sauce:

1 cup water.

1/2 cup sugar.

1/4 cup white vinegar.

splash of soy sauce.

mixture of cornstarch and HOT water for thickening.  Use as little or as much as you want, whatever you like.  I usually mix a tbsp of cornstarch and slowly add HOT water and mix it until it is a milky consistency.

Cook the ground beef in a pan with your desired seasonings.  I personally use minced garlic, Himalayan salt, and cayenne pepper.

Place the spring roll wrapper on the table like a diamond, place about a spoonful of cooked ground beef in the center spreading it out.  Add desired vegetables like shredded cabbage, or if you hate veggies don't add them!

The small bowl of cornstarch and water, dip your finger in and then wet the top of the diamond of the spring roll wrapper.  Basically like an upside down V

Then fold the bottom half over and pull back to the ground beef, then the sides come in and you roll it over with the top of the diamond wet with cornstarch and water sealing the lumpia up.  

I have no idea how else to describe this and I'm not going to make a video, but this is well worth the time and effort as these are delicious.  

Deep fry for a few minutes or until it is golden brown.  Air Fryer works well to.

For the sauce, make sure the 1 cup of water is HOT water.  Very very important that it is HOT as you need to dissolve the sugar and hot liquids make that happen a lot easier.  

Add water, sugar, vinegar, splash of soy sauce into a sauce pan.  Mix up and make sure the sugar is dissolved or the sauce will taste weird and not good, very bad, nasty, bleh.

Bring all of this to a boil then remove and add in your cornstarch/water mixture as a thickener to your desired thickness.  Turn off the burner and set the pan on the edge of the burner to keep warm while you are frying up your lumpia ( it will bubble up a bit on that side of the pan, this is normal )

Dip lumpia in sauce and enjoy.

If you want to make a meal out of this you I will post a few more recipes to make a total meal consisting of Steak and Rice, Egg Drop Soup, and Lumpia.

As a side note, when I go through the effort of making the lumpia, I usually make a couple hundred and then freeze them with a food saver in meal sized quantities, then you just need to deep fry and make the sauce whenever you are hungry for an easy snack.

Guest Azeris

So, I'm a bit reluctant to even post this recipe. It's the most addictive, succulent, outrageous and divine thing I have ever created. If you are fan of the subliminal esoteric culinary supreme - this is a must. Recipe is posted for commercial purposes - reduce to your standards as needed. This will make enough to feed 20 servings.

Garlic Aioli Sauce:

1 Quart Liquid Egg

1 Quart Water

1/2 Cup minced garlic, roasted

1/4 gallon mayonnaise

Blend Oil (canola) til thickens is of desired consistency.

Should yield about 5 quarts.

Short Ribs:

Chop Parsnip, Celery, Julienne, and Red Onions

Saute with red wine either on flap-top grill or 4galllon pot.

Seer 8-10oz short rib cuts.

Place all into a 6inch hotel-pan, add 1 gallon Beef broth, wrap in foil, and cook for 6 hours @ 275F.

After cooking, separate ribs from vegie-broth. Refrigerate and let sit overnight to separate fat from solution. Discard solidified grease, blend remaining contents to create gravy. Heat and reduce to desired consistency (recommend 2 to 3 hours at low temp).

Standard 12" flour tortilla with 3 slices pepper-jack, 3 slices provolone cheese. Generous dousing of garlic aioli. Saute diced red onion in oil, caramelize with brown sugar. Seer cooked short rib, in gravy, on flat-top grill (pan works just as well). Combine, assemble, devour, and enjoy!

IMG_20170202_085050.jpg

IMG_20170202_085639.jpg

IMG_20170202_160726.jpg

IMG_20170204_193745.jpg

IMG_20170204_193922.jpg

IMG_20170204_194100.jpg

IMG_20170204_194607.jpg